Sweetness on a Stick
Sweet Teriyaki Beef Skewers for the Grill Master
Summer may not be here officially, but let's face it, we've already started with the outdoor grilling. And if you're into grilling and want to try something new at your next gathering, you'll want to include this sweet teriyaki beef skewer recipe. Not only is it an easy way to prepare a delightful beef appetizer or main meat dish, but both kids and adults will love the tenderness and sweetness on a stick.
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 pounds boneless round steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Add all ingredients to list
Prep: 15 min. Cook: 6 min. Ready In: 1 day 21 min.
- Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, and garlic together in a large bowl; drop beef slices into the mixture and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate beef in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Discard marinade.
- Thread beef slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook skewers on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
Nutrition: The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Cook's Note: These can burn easily with the oil and sugar, so watch them closely on the grill.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 193 calories; 7.4 g fat; 15.2 g carbohydrates;15.9 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 626 mg sodium.
Source: Allrecipes.com /Recipe by sheilago7