Romantic Dinner For Two
Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze for Your Valentine
Recipe by Linda W.
"This is an elegant and quick romantic dinner for two. Wonderful served with steamed asparagus and baby red potatoes."
· 2 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
· ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
· Salt to taste
· ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
· ¼ cup dry red wine
Prep: 5 min. | Cook: 15 min. | Ready in 20 min.
1. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cook, and cover for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
3. Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 367 calories, 26.2 g fat; 5.7 g carbohydrates; 20.3 g protein’ 81 mg cholesterol; 64 mg sodium.