Back to School Dinner
Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stew - Great for Busy Parents, Comforting for Kids
"A hearty, savory slow cooker stew with potatoes, carrots, celery, broth, herbs and spices. You won't be slow to say 'yum'!" says Buchko of the delicious slow cooker beef stew recipe shared here with you. Slow cooker recipes are great for back to school dinners and any time that your life becomes busy.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
Prep: 20 min. / Cook: 12 hrs. / Ready in 12 hrs. 20 min. / Serves: 6 / 576 calories
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.